FEPE – Federation for envelopes and for light and ecommerce packaging in Europe
Adapting to a changing world
FEPE was set up in 1957. Historically, FEPE was the Federation of Envelope Producers in Europe, representing a thriving industry. Our mission has always been to support, defend and promote the envelope industry in Europe. But we live in a different world today, where information is shared digitally whenever possible. These days, almost nobody starts the day by opening a big stack of envelopes!
So, while envelopes remain at the heart of what we do, FEPE’s focus has expanded. We continue in our original mission while embracing the changes in our world and in the industry.
A reinvented industry with a strong future
The volume of envelope manufacturing has halved in the last decade. As one business declines, others take its place: paper increasingly replaces plastics, ecommerce deliveries are soaring, direct mailing is being transformed. The envelopes and paper sector has seen mergers and closures, but it has also seen a wave of innovation and the creation of new businesses.
Envelopes are still the focus of FEPE activities, but we are increasingly serving the interests of members and shareholders who are working in the sectors of, for example, ecommerce packaging, paper bags, bread bags, labels and other paper-based light packaging products.
Today, FEPE serves the envelopes sector – and much more
“We are a proactive, forward-thinking partner that defends our members’ interests and helps them achieve their business goals, by providing relevant and useful services and information.
As their business changes, so too do our activities.”
Matti Rantanen, FEPE Managing Director
- Jean de Couëspel, GPV International A/S (President)
- Maya Menard Cedilnik, Nova Kuverta d.o.o. (Vice President)
- Yves Peiffer, ELEP NV (Treasurer)
- Nicolas Baudart, La Couronne
- Stanislav Menard, Nova Kuverta d.o.o.
- Ignacio Reiris, Printeos S.A.
- Simon Schulte-Rentrop, Vereinigte Papierwarenfabriken GmbH
- Thomas Schwarz, Mayer Kuvert-Network
- Kai Steigleder, Bong Group
- John Zöllin, Elco AG
- Bastian Steinmetz, Steinmetz Briefumschläge GmbH & Co. KG
- Patrick Machiels, Kaenguruh Kuvert
- Matti Rantanen, FEPE Managing Director
- Udo Karpowitz, FEPE German Office
- Fiona Brichaut Mc Namara, Communications